.INCI (Lavandula angustifolia). .Lavender is one of the most fragrant of all herbs. It has been used since ancient times for perfumes, for bathing, for wound healing, and as a natural insect repellent. Also used by American Indians for incense smudging. Lavender flowers can be used in cosmetics and soap recipes.
The lavender pictured above portrays fresh lavender. The lavender that we sell is dried. Obviously, dried lavender is not purple in color. Dried lavender has more of a grayish tinge.
.Country of Origin: France.
.Uses in Cosmetics, Soap, Ect. .1. Lavender flowers can be used as a natural decoration in candle making. Herbs should not be added to candle wax that is actually burned. It can be added to hurricane shells that are never burned, or simply placed around the base of pillars as a decoration. Herbs can, however, be added to candle wax and used as non-burning tarts.
2. Lavender flowers can be used in many potpourri formulations
3. Lavender flowers can be used in natural bath tea recipes
4. Lavender flowers can be used as a decorative element, and in soaps
5. Lavender flowers can be used in the formulation of natural flower waters
6. Lavender flowers can be infused and used in lotions, creams, and ointment recipes.
7. Lavender flowers can be ground and added to facial mask recipes.
8. Lavender flowers can be used in scrubs
9. Lavender flowers can be used bath salt recipes
10. Lavender flowers can be used in bath bomb recipes
11. Lavender flowers can be used in eye pillow recipes
12. Lavender flowers can be infused and used in shampoo and conditioner recipes.
13. Lavender flowers have been used for centuries by American Indians for incense smudging purposes (burning of the herb as an incense).
Lavender is considered an air element. It is used in smudging to achieving a sense of happiness and peace. It reduces depression and sorrow, and provides restful sleep. Used also for meditation.
At Deo Organic we have developed a sophisticated software program that calculates the shipping costs on your order. Actual shipping charges are derived using a Konga, GIG, Sendbox, Fed-Ex, DHL shipping matrix that factors actual weight, or dimensional weight (Length x Width x Height) depending upon which is greater. We then apply the heavily discounted volume rate that we contract annually with Konga, GIG, Sendbox, Fed-Ex, DHL. The savings are passed on directly to you, and we do not charge any additional handling fees. Charges can be seen on-line before you finalize your order. There are no surprises!